Thursday, January 3, 2013

Introduction and explaination

Hello and welcome to the new blog that I will ignore at the drop of the hat that no one will actually read.  My name is Allen and this blog was designed to house my latest in a long line of terrible New Year's Resolutions.  This may shock a lot of people that aren't reading this but I really enjoy movies - Good movies, bad movies, pretty much all movies.  As a result of this life long passion of mine I have seen a lot of movies. A LOT OF MOVIES.  However what might also be shocking to the people not reading this I haven't seen all of the movies.  This is where the resolution comes into play.  No I am not pledging to see every movie ever released. No my goal is much simpler than that.  This year I will watch one new movie every day.  That's it.  just 365 new movies that I have never seen before in my 32 years of existing.  Some of the movies will be seen in the theater and some will be seen at home, it really doesn't matter.  The only real rule to this project is that the movie only counts if I have never seen it before.

What do I have to gain from this project? What will I learn? Well I think part of this project will serve to expand my horizons and introduce me things I wouldn't have considered watching before.  Another part of is though is simply to have fun and give me something to do with my free time.  Are there better things I could do with my free time?  Sure there are, but I also know that I wouldn't last a week with those projects.  This one should take me at least a month before I quit.  So join me for this month okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment