Sunday, January 6, 2013

5. Benny & Joon

5. Benny & Joon
Rated: PG
Released: 1993
Starring: Johnny Depp Mary Stuart Masterson Aiden Quinn
 Format watched in: HBOGO

Aside from 21 Jump Street, Ed Wood, and Edward Scissorhands I've never been much of a Johnny Depp fan.  Yeah, yeah I know he's eccentric and dedicated to his roles and he's AWESOME, whatever.  He's doesn't have to be weird all the damned time does he?  Well I think I managed to trace his crazy horseshit to one role.  In Benny he plays Sam a peculiar man that bases a lot of his actions on Buster Keaton.  Once Sam is brought into the lives of the adorably insane Joon of course they fall in love much to this dismay of her over protective older brother Benny.  Now I am a sucker for a good ROMCOM so of course I was won over by the end and wound up falling in love with these two misguided souls but for me it took a lot to get over my original hatred for Depp.  Still I won't deny this was a cute movie that I probably will see again once this year is over.

Rating: C+


No comments:

Post a Comment