Thursday, January 24, 2013

17. Open Season

17.Open Season
Rated: PG
Released: 2006
Starring: Martin Lawrence, Ashton Kutcher, Debra Messing
Format Watched in: DVD

I want to say that I don't hate Ashton Kutcher.  Yes he's a douchebag.  No he isn't a good actor when he isn't playing Kelso on That 70's Show.  However cartoon voice work might be where he belongs, because through this entire movie he wasn't the worst part.  Yeah he's pretty much just doing his best Eddie Murphy as Donkey from Shrek impersonation but as an annoying deer with one antler he works for me.  The movie as a whole doesn't quite keep my interest and I spent most of it wondering why Boog didn't just maul the deer that he clearly hated until the final 15 minutes but then I remembered this movie wasn't made for me, no this movie is made for kids and only kids so I can't hate on it for me not liking it.  It's a cartoon, watch it with your kids.  They should laugh and take it much less seriously as I did.

Rating: C-

No comments:

Post a Comment