Wednesday, January 16, 2013

12. Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

12. Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Rated: R
Released: 1983
Starring: John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle
Format Watched in: On Demand

By this point I feel like I can be honest with you the reader without fear of you judging me.  I don't really understand a lot of British humor.  It's just so.... silly?  I don't want you to think I'm saying I don't like it, but rather I don't get a lot of it.  That might stem from me being a stupid American more than anything though I'm not sure.  Either way I wanted to expand my horizons with this challenge and because I wanted to start at the top I started with Python.  Because I don't listen to common sense I did not start with The Holy Grail.  No instead I started with The Meaning of Life.  Was it funny?  Sure.  I mean I laughed, but I spent most of the time completely lost and confused.  Rather than being an actual beginning, middle, end movie this plays more like a series of vaguely interconnected skits with no direction and trying WAY too hard to be weird.  I can't really hold my inability to get it's high aspirations against this movie though can I?  Nah I totally can.

Rating: D+


No comments:

Post a Comment