Thursday, January 10, 2013

8. Lincoln

8. Lincoln
Rated: PG-13
Released: 2012
Starring: Daniel Day Lewis, Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones
Format Watched in: Theater

Okay let's get this out of the way right now, this movie was made for the Oscars.  It stars no less than 234,873 previous winners, it's a period drama, it's a Spielberg drama, and of course SLAVERY.  Everything was in place for everyone to love it and heap tons of praise at it's feet in the form of shinny gold statues.  That said if you take Daniel Day Lewis doing his crazy as hell Daniel Day Lewis thing all over this movie this movie is wrought with over acting and forced emotions.  It dragged on for about forever and in the scenes without Lincoln in them crawled and lulled me to sleep.  And then Sally Field screamed everything she said and woke me up.  This is not me saying I disliked this movie, I liked it when Daniel Day Lewis was there to distract me from everything else by being awesome.  Still is one performance enough to carry a film to a good review?  Not really.

Rating: Daniel Day Lewis: A+ Movie: C


No comments:

Post a Comment