Thursday, January 24, 2013

15. Monty Python And the Holy Grail

12. Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Rated: PG
Released: 1975
Starring: John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle
Format Watched in: DVD

Remember how much I didn't like The Meaning of Life?  And How I said I didn't get it?  Well The Holy Grail pretty much is the opposite of that while simultaneously being the same.  It's a lot of the same over the top and crazy jokes but this time they really worked.  I think a lot of that has to do with the times that they were released.  In Grail they are young and eager and excited by what they are doing, and it really shows.  With Life however they just seemed beaten and ready to move on from each other.  The bits have energy and life to them.  Everything is funny.  EVERYTHING.  And it all made sense at the same time.  I can't applaud this movie everyone has been in love with since 1975 enough for continuing to be awesome when a schmuck like me waits until 2013 to watch it.

Rating: A


No comments:

Post a Comment