Monday, February 11, 2013

36. Broken City

36. Broken City
Rated: R
Released: 2013
Starring:  Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe, Catherine Zeta-Jones
Format Watched in: In Theaters

I don't know why I watch thrillers anymore.  I think it's all in the trailer that gets me.  I sit there and I think the movie is full of excitement and intrigue and I get excited to see it.  Then the movie comes out and I keep waiting for those exciting moments that I saw in the trailer to come and low and behold they show up at the end of the movie and everything has been ruined from beginning to end.  Oh sure with Broken City they left out one small twist, except if you are paying attention to the movie you absolutely know what it is before it's revealed.  I liked Wahlberg and I enjoyed Barry Pepper, but aside from that it just felt empty and the ride wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the trailer made it seem.

Rating: D+

No comments:

Post a Comment