Thursday, February 7, 2013

32. Rio

32. Rio
Rated: PG
Released: 2011
Starring:  Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway, George Lopez
Format Watched in: MAX Go

Animated movies these days are all about making something very bright and vibrant that looks really, really pretty.  Rio has exactly that but it also has heart.  I honestly think that Pixar in recent years has lost favor some favor with me as far as it's place as my favorite animation studio.I'm not saying they aren't my favorite, but rather with a pair of uninspiring releases for me and the increasing success of Dreamworks their spot as my favorite has come under some pressure.  Sure Dereamworks will still make a sequel out of any and all of their movies in an attempt to milk families for all of their money but they never pretended they didn't do that either.  I don't know what else to say here except I liked it and I eagerly wait for the seventeen sequels that will surely follow.

Rating: B


No comments:

Post a Comment